Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Week 3-- Cyber Your Resume

With today's technology, it's assumed that most employers would be taking advantage of that. It never really dawned on me that the old way of printing out your resume and cover letter, bringing it to the employer for the interview (if you're lucky), and hand it to him/her. At least that is what I did for my first internship interview. With a Benedictine University folder in hand, I had my resume, cover letter and reference letters in folder and at the end of the interview, I gave the interviewer the folder to keep for reference. Now note that was about 4 months ago. Now, I realized that there are so many sites like LinkedIn to upload all that stuff at the swift of a click.



LinkedIn.com
 
 
This is something that I really enjoy as a young college student. Basically it is an easy way that my future employers can see what I am up to, my resume and other skills that I can add to the website. Not only can I see who viewed my LinkedIn (which can come in handy), but I can also connect with other people. This is a great way to network yourself and also connect to your future employers. Learning on how to start up your resume that can make the difference from others. Volunteer work, past job experiences, set up all your specific skills and more. This  is a whole new ball game and can change how employers look for their new employees.



Provided by Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment