Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Week 3-- Blog Me

We all know that my journey of blogging has been quite interesting. From starting the blog, to choosing my décor, down to the post-- I was walking into new territory! As I open and start to read Chapter 2 of CASA Marketing Intro to Google Analytics by Todd Kelsey, to my surprise look where I could of gone in my need of help...




Blogger.com

I guess the old saying is true, "reading is your friend". Lesson learned, blogger help center will be my new best friend I guess.



I think that it is pretty cool that I am able to share my journey of blogging and now, attempting Google analytics. This will basically help me keep track on who is visiting this website and how many viewers I have had. "Tracking IDs are basically codes that Google gives you to place on your site or blog, so that the site can "talk" to Google" (Kelsey 27). That the ID you have is unique to only your blog or site that you have created. It is going to look a little something like this.




Provided by Google Images
 
I appreciate how something that looks so complex and hard to do, is explained step by step. I feel like I need a "Book for Dummies" because this is just something new that I have never done before. However, I enjoy how the book takes the time to show each step (pictures included) on how to take a simple blog and add that extra step that includes Google Analytics. Excited to see how much I know by the end of the semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment