Monday, September 14, 2015

Week 2-- What Color is your Parachute?

It has come to my attention that finding a job these days is hard to come by. I have been lucky enough to be employed during my high school years and having an internship for my senior year of college. Since the hit of 2008, it has been more difficult to find a job, let alone hired. It seems that job-hunting has stayed the same, but that employers have changed. Employers are holding out on jobs by trying to find a perfect employee or just hire within the company. How are people suppose to get a chance with this happening? One figure from the book that stood out to me is below,


Richard N. Bolles, page 12
I never realized it, but this upside down pyramid is true in today's society. I've had first hand experience with a company hiring new employees'. As an intern, my portion of the job is to recruit and come up with ideas on how to get the word out there. As of today, my company has job posting on school websites and also, a lot of our recruiting is coming from word-of-mouth from our current employers. It seems that the age ole saying, "it's about who you know" is really true today. Another hot topic to be added to a resume would be speaking two or more languages. I am figuring that a part that helped me get my internship would be knowing how to speak Spanish. My fellow coworkers have told me that it helps a lot knowing another language for todays working world. The revolution of job-hunting, I believe, is changing everyday and people need to take a different approach to it.



http://www.job-hunt.org/


No comments:

Post a Comment